Goal of Surgery
Distal biceps rupture at the elbow causes damage to the tendon of the biceps.
The goal of distal biceps repair surgery is to repair the tendon back to the attachment at the radius near the elbow.
Pre Surgical Planning
Gupta wil assess how far the biceps tendon has retracted from the elbow and use;
- Button fixation for the repair
The end of the biceps tendon is retrieved and cleaned before it has a metal "button", attached to its end. The button is passed through the radius at the original attachment site and through to the other side where it remains. Button fixation is one of the strongest fixations of soft tissue to bone.
If you are suffering an elbow condition and don't know what to do, contact Dr Gupta on 02 9687 8344 or make an online booking here.
You should expect the following after surgery;
- Drowsiness, pain and a swollen elbow
- Decreasing pain over 6 weeks after the operation
- You will see Dr Gupta again about 2 weeks after your operation
- You should complete rehab with a Physiotherapist following Dr Gupta's Post Op Distal Biceps Repair Protocol
- You will see Dr Gupta again about 3 months after your operation
Dr Gupta has a proven track record of successful surgical outcome and will talk to you further about your condition at your initial consultation. To book an appointment with Dr Gupta, call 02 9687 8344 or make a priority booking online here.