Goal of Surgery
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome involves compression of the median nerve due to tension of the carpal tunnel ligament of the wrist.
The goal of Carpal Tunnel Release surgery is to make a small incision in the wrist and cut the ligament free, releasing pressue on the nerve causing symptoms.
Gupta will perform an arthroscopic (key hole) surgical procedure
- Minimally invasive
- Simple and quick procedure
Carpal Tunnel Ligament Release
A simple procedure where the carpal tunnel ligament is identified through a key hole incision and cut using a small knife.
If you are suffering a wrist injury and don't know what to do, contact Dr Gupta on 02 9687 8344 or make and online booking here;
If you undergo arthroscopic keyhole surgery you will see little to no scarring. Dr Gupta is a specialist wrist & hand surgeon with a back ground in micro-surgery. You will have one of the best at your service to to manage the smallest scar possible, despite your condition.
You should expect the following after surgery;
- Drowsiness and wrist pain
- Decreasing pain over 6 weeks after the operation
- You will see Dr Gupta again about 2 weeks after your operation
- You should complete rehab with a Physiotherapist following Dr Gupta's Post Op Carpal Tunnel Release Rehab Protocol
- You will see Dr Gupta again about 3 months after your operation
Dr Gupta has a proven track record of successful surgical outcome and will talk to you further about your condition at your initial consultation. To book an appointment with Dr Gupta, call 02 9687 8344 or make a priority booking online here.