Goal of Surgery
Chronic tennis elbow causes damage to the extensor tendons of the forearm.
The goal of tennis elbow repair surgery is to release and repair the tendon back to its attachment at the elbow.
Dr Gupta wil assess the severity of chronic tennis elbow and determine the best surgical repair and fixation.
Knotless Anchor Fixation
An incision is made over the extensor tendons on the lateral side of the elbow where Dr Gupta will release the tendons, clean them from inflamed tissue and reattach them to the lateral epicondyle.
If you are suffering an elbow condition and don't know what to do, contact Dr Gupta on 02 9687 8344 or make and online booking here;
If you undergo tennis elbow repair, typically you will see little to no scarring over the lateral aspect of the elbow. Dr Gupta is a specialist elbow surgeon with a back ground in micro-surgery. You will have one of the best at your service to to manage the smallest scar possible, despite your condition.
You should expect the following after surgery;
- Drowsiness, pain and swollen
- Decreasing pain over 6 weeks after the operation
- You will see Dr Gupta again about 2 weeks after your operation
- You should complete rehab with a Physiotherapist following Dr Gupta's Post Op Tennis Elbow Repair Protocol
- You will see Dr Gupta again about 3 months after your operation
Dr Gupta has a proven track record of successful surgical outcome and will talk to you further about your condition at your initial consultation. To book an appointment with Dr Gupta, call 02 9687 8344 or make a priority booking online here.